What Is Gluteal Augmentation?
A surgical procedure to increase the size and shape of the buttock. Specifically, gluteal implants are used to augment the gluteus maximus muscle area producing a more desirable shape to the glutes. The shape of the buttocks is determined by the fullness of the gluteus maximus, the gluteus medius and minimus muscles plus the angle of the lumbosacral curve at the base of the spine.
Enhancing Your Appearance with Gluteal Augmentation
Butt implants are usually quite successful at making the butt larger and shapelier. This has helped many men and women gain a more sensuous appearance. For those that have had underdeveloped buttocks, buttock implants can now provide them with a more proportionate figure. Not only has this helped enhance their appearance, but for many they have also gained a boost in their self-esteem and self-confidence.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
The success and safety of your gynecomastia procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You’ll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of liposuction and any risks or potential complications