Tips for the Best Reovery After Your Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation surgery is a popular way for women to enhance the appearance of their breasts while regaining their self esteem. Tampa plastic surgeon, Jamie Perez, is an expert when it comes to breast augmentation surgery. He can customize each surgery by providing patients choices regarding incisions, implant size, and placement. As with all surgeries, an important step in ensuring successful results will be allowing adequate recovery time.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
For Dr. Perez’s patients in Tampa, breast augmentation recovery is one of the most important steps of the surgical process. Any of the successful work that has been performed by Dr. Perez during surgery can be compromised if proper care is not taken during recovery. Following the after care instructions during recovery is also the best way to avoid infection and other complications of breast augmentation surgery. The following are recommendations that are likely to be useful in the first few days following breast augmentation surgery:
- Get plenty of rest for a few days after surgery. This is when you are likely to feel tired and sore.
- Follow the instructions of any prescribed medication to manage pain and avoid infection.
- Lightly massaging your breasts and applying ice packs to the area may also help you manage discomfort or bring sensation to areas of the breast that may feel numb following surgery.
- If Dr. Perez has you wear bandages or a compression bra after your surgery, make sure you follow his instructions regarding how long you should wear them.
Most patients will begin to feel better within the first week following breast augmentation surgery and are even able to return to work at that point. However, there are still suggestions that you should follow for the first several weeks following surgery:
- You should avoid any activities (such as strenuous exercise) that could raise your blood pressure or overwork your chest muscles.
- It is likely that your breasts will be sensitive for up to a month after surgery and may remain slightly swollen as well. You should continue to lightly massage and/or ice the area to alleviate discomfort.
- Continue to look for any signs of infection or complication such as fever, continued numbness, or extreme swelling and/or redness of the breasts. If you are concerned with any noticeable symptoms, you should see Dr. Perez as soon as possible.
Within four to six weeks after surgery, most patients should be free of any side effects of breast augmentation surgery. At this point you are free to return to any of your normal activities, including exercise. Even after your recovery is complete, feel free to contact Dr. Perez with any questions or concerns.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Jamie Perez is one of the most trusted and skilled plastic surgeons in the Tampa area. To get a more thorough explanation of breast augmentation surgery and the recovery process, schedule a consultation with Dr. Perez. Dr. Perez and his staff look forward to helping you reach your aesthetic goals.