How to Prepare for Your Breast Augmentation Surgery
If you have considered breast augmentation to increase your bust size and give your breasts a more appealing appearance, you are not alone. In fact, more women undergo breast augmentation than any other plastic surgery procedure. If you have chosen to receive breast implants at Dr. Jamie Perez’s Tampa plastic surgery practice, you are in good hands. Dr. Perez stays informed on all the latest advances in plastic surgery and breast augmentation to provide his patients with impressive results every time.
Preparing for Breast Augmentation Surgery
A successful surgery always begins with proper preparation. Before you arrive at our Tampa practice for surgery, you will be given breast augmentation instructions that help you prepare for your surgery. It is extremely important that these instructions are carefully followed. For each of our patients in Tampa, breast augmentation surgery will be a personalized experience. However, the preparation for each patient should be the same. Dr. Perez will give you thorough instructions, but here is an overview of what should be expected.
- If you smoke, you should stop smoking at least a couple of weeks before your surgery.
- Refrain from alcohol for several days before surgery.
- Make sure you inform Dr. Perez of any medication you are taking so he can let you know if you can continue to use the medication before surgery. Even aspirin can cause your blood to thin and should not be used in the days leading up to surgery.
- You should avoid vigorous exercise the day before your surgery.
- Make any necessary preparations at home so that you can ensure you will have several days to rest and recover. If you have children, this should include child care, as you will not be able to lift your children during your initial recovery.
- Make sure any prescriptions are filled before your surgery.
- Make arrangements for someone to bring you to and from your surgery. You should have someone with you during the first 24 hours of recovery as well.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
The Day of Surgery
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes to your surgery. Your shirt should open in the front so it will be easier to dress after surgery.
- Do not wear any make-up, lotions, deodorant or perfumes the day of surgery.
- The only things you should need to bring to your surgery are your identification and a small bag to carry any paperwork.
By following the proper care instructions leading up to surgery, you will have your body in the best shape to undergo surgery. This will help Dr. Perez achieve optimal results from your breast augmentation surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in enhancing your appearance through breast augmentation surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jamie Perez to learn more about the procedure and how it can benefit you. At Dr. Perez’s Tampa practice, you can feel secure knowing that you are in the hands of a trusted and experienced plastic surgeon.